Indirect taxes contribute significantly to the tax revenue earned by the Government of Bangladesh. The previous Value Added Tax (VAT) legislation has been replaced by the VAT and Supplementary Duty Act, 2012, from 1st July, 2019. With the implementation of the new legislation, there has been a substantial change in VAT compliance and administration.There have been continuous clarifications and amendments in the VAT law, which require constant monitoring of changes in VAT law by the business houses. The new VAT law may affect their business models by prescribing varying treatments of supply of goods and services. Mitigating the risk of non-compliance will save business houses from penalties, and the relief schemes may lead to cost savings resulting from increase in business cash flow.
We render full range indirect tax services to our clients in the areas of VAT, Customs Duty and Excise Duty which are briefly stated below.
- Indirect tax compliance services
- Indirect tax planning and advisory services
- Representation before the National Board of Revenue in respect of complexindirect tax issues
- Preparation of brief for Senior Counsel in respect of Supreme Court matters
- Representation services before the tax appellate authorities up to the Customs, Excise & VAT Appellate Tribunal
- Representation services before the tax assessment authorities
- Assistance in obtaining opinion in writing from the Senior Counsel in relation to complex indirect tax issues